The EU4Ocean coalition, an initiative supported by the European Commission (EC), Directorate General Maritime Affairs and Fisheries (DG MARE), is nearly two-year old. It is time to celebrate this milestone and the many contributions of its growing communities to Let’s make Europe Blue!
The EU4Ocean coalition is organising its "EU4Ocean in action" awards that will honor significant achievement in ocean literacy in Europe.
The main “EU4Ocean in action” award will honor initiatives that best translate the spirit and principles of the EU4Ocean coalition in particular initiatives that have mobilised very diverse representatives of the different communities of the coalition (three main winners chosen as navy blue, classic blue and sky blue)
It will be complemented by “Special mention” awards as:
- Best professional organisation initiative;
- Best youth initiative;
- Best education & school initiative
The winners of the awards, selected by a jury chaired by DG MARE, European Commission, accounting for the outcomes of public (online) voting, will be announced at the hybrid Ocean Literacy Summit organised by the EU4Ocean coalition at the European Maritime Day (EMD) 2022, Ravenna, 19 to 22 May 2022. Beyond giving visibility to initiatives, the awards will be accompanied by money and in-kind prizes that will bring you to the forefront of ocean literacy in Europe and beyond.
What are we looking for? Projects and initiatives that have:
- Strong social learning and critical thinking objectives
- High sustainability and replication potential
- An EU focus with clear societal and policy relevance
- A strong collective dimension and a catalytic role
- An innovative character in terms of the tool developed and/or the process established
Read more here
Award submission form here