This event will gather EMODnet partners and wider stakeholders and is open to all. It provides a unique opportunity to set goals for the future of EMODnet to 2030 and beyond, to recognise and further develop existing and emerging partnerships, and to listen to marine data providers and users experiences and appreciation of the value of EMODnet data, data products and services, and what can be done further to optimise the user experience.
An EMODnet Jamboree with partners meetings of the 7 thematics and data ingestion, upon invitation, will take place on the 17 and 18 June 2021.
- Dates: 14-16 June 2021 (EMODnet Open Conference) / 17-18 June 2021 (EMODnet Jamboree, upon invitation)
- Hybrid event: Simultaneously in Oostende (Belgium) and online*
- Venue: Grote Post, Hendrik Serruyslaan 18a, 8400 Oostende
- Programme: As well as plenary presentations, panels and breakout discussions, participants are invited to submit an abstract for an online poster, to be presented as a 1-minute pitch presentation in plenary sessions.
Call for posters
EMODnet welcomes the EMOD-network and wider community to submit abstracts for posters relating directly to EMODnet open access data, data products, applications and interoperability across data services, across the following themes:
- EMODnet contributors (data collection and ocean observation, data providers, data management initiatives and infrastructures, etc.);
- EMODnet for users (use cases of EMODnet data and data products by policy, research, industry, civil society, other);
- EMODnet for innovation (development of added value products and applications using EMODnet data and data products);
- EMODnet partnerships (collaboration with other services and stakeholders, and contribution to EU and global initiatives).
All posters should directly reference, and have a tangible link, with EMODnet e.g. as a data contributor, service provider, user, application, and/or partnership. You are invited to submit your abstract using the dedicated form by 6 April 2021.
Once received, your abstract will be reviewed and validated by the co-organisers. All approved abstracts will need to produce an electronic poster which will be made available fully online for participants. In addition, each poster will submit a 1-minute pitch presentation, to be screened during plenary sessions. More information about the format of the digital poster and video will be provided by email once the abstract will be approved.
- Pre-registration to the conference: From 4 March 2021
- Deadline abstract submission: 6 April 2021
- Notification on abstract acceptance: By 19 April 2021
- Deadline to submit your e-poster and 1-minute pitch video (once your abstract is approved): 1 June 2021
- EMODnet Open Conference 2021: 14-16 June 2021