ATLANTIC PROJECT AWARDS 2022 – OPEN CALL FOR APPLICATIONS
Stakeholders of the Atlantic Community are invited to apply or nominate a project for the Atlantic Project Awards 2022. These will take place on the 1st of December.
The Atlantic Project Awards feature outstanding initiatives, successful collaborations and achievements relevant to the implementation of the Atlantic Action Plan 2.0. These projects have taken place within the EU Atlantic over the past year and showcase best practices and partnership models that could be scaled up at the regional, national, European and international level.
The Awards are organised by the Atlantic Strategy Committee, supported by the Atlantic Assistance Mechanism.
This year’s Awards shall be unveiled during the 9th Atlantic Stakeholder Platform Conference, a hybrid event that will be held on the 01st of December in Cadiz, Spain and online. Find out more about the Conference here.
Who is eligible for the Awards?
Applications may be submitted by any individual, organisation, business, group, network, consortium or institution that:
- Is headquartered, domiciled or present in an EU Atlantic Member State – France, Ireland, Portugal and/or Spain. EU Atlantic members of existing international consortia are eligible to apply.
- Has a funded project or initiative that is in progress or completed. A funded project is a group of tasks, actions, activities carried out by a consortium or a grouping within the framework of a larger and longer collaboration. Any type of funded project (at local, regional, national, or European level from public and/or private sources) that has been delivered or is being delivered inside the Atlantic Strategy geographical area is eligible to apply.
- Any project initiated within 36 months prior to the announcement of this Call is eligible to apply.
What categories are being considered?
The Atlantic Project Awards 2022 proposes five categories, in line with the Pillars of the Atlantic Action Plan.
- Atlantic Ports - Projects, initiatives, and actions that feature ports as gateways for the Atlantic and/ or catalysts for business.
- Blue Skills and Ocean Literacy - Projects, initiatives, and actions that boost blue skills and blue jobs, featuring quality education, training and lifelong learning; and that promote ocean literacy
- Marine Renewable Energy - Projects, initiatives, and actions that promote carbon neutrality through marine renewable energy
- Healthy Oceans and Coasts - Projects, initiatives, and actions for stronger coastal resilience and which reinforce the fight against marine pollution
- International Cooperation - Projects, initiatives, and actions that reflect an international dimension as embodied in the Galway Statement on the Atlantic Ocean Cooperation with the United States of America and Canada and its potential support to the Blue Economy; in the Atlantic research cooperation with Brazil and South Africa; in cooperation with adjacent sea macro-regions/ basins (Baltic, Mediterranean, Black Sea), etc.
What will the Award Winners receive?
Winners of the awards will receive:
- A coaching package from the Assistance Mechanism to support them on their next growth phase.
- A trophy and certificate
- An Atlantic Project Award Seal
The seal may be used by the Winners in their communications and marketing material.
The awards will be published through the Atlantic Community’s web-based communication channels (Atlantic Strategy website, electronic publications and social media) and by general media coverage.
Projects that have been nominated for the Awards will also be promoted at the Atlantic Stakeholder Platform Conference. Further details on this will follow.
I’m interested. What should I do next?
Download the guidelines here. You’ll find details on the mechanics, key dates, how the Awards are selected and how we’ll help you prepare.
Applications will close on the
15th of July. DEADLINE EXTENDED UNTIL THE 9th OF SEPTEMBER.
You’ll hear from us soon after the deadline
Contact us at email@example.com